Friday, March 13, 2015

My Little Buddhist

Jaidan has dual citizenship (CDN and Thai) and dual passports ... no problem. He will also speak, read, and write Thai and English. The Thai language has its own alphabet which baffles me. I really should learn it at some moment in time and space. At some point in time he will be exposed to Christianity and Buddhism. It will be his choice which religion ... if any he chooses to embrace.

Here is a pic of my little Buddhist visiting a temple with Thavorn. Jaidan is about 3 months old in this picture.


Visits to a temple are quite common for Thais. It is usually a monthly kind of thing but the visit will last at least half a day. An offering to the temple will be made which goes to the support and upkeep of the temple and monks. A common sight at sunrise is a long line of monks walking down the road receiving gifts (mostly food) from Thais who line up along the road. This happens all over Thailand and I am not sure of the schedule but I will endeavour to find out and get back to you.

This males will choose to do a couple of years as a monk or armed services. I am not sure if one trumps the other but I will also find out and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment