Friday, July 1, 2016

WorkSpace

Today's song is: Home .. Dolly .. I am missing Thavorn and Jaidan  ...


My sister Ann just purchased a table for her screened in living area and it is a perfect place to sit and reflect on life and/or program, write a book, etc., while sipping a glass of red wine or drinking a coffee.  Here are some pics:





The room features a 270 degree view with screens on all sides and twin skylights up top. I am not sure about what it does for my productivity but it adds a zen like experience to my programming.

Today is Canada Day in Canada (duh, kinda redundant) and I am enjoying being far away from the maddening crowd. Next summer is Canada's 150 birthday and hopefully Thavorn and Jaidan will be visiting Canada with me and I will take them downtown Ottawa for the music, celebrations, and fireworks. For now, I am happy to be where I am.

I spent yesterday learning some more Linux trivia and worked on installing some needed software into my Lubuntu image that runs on my AlienWare laptop with a Windows 10 host operating system.

I guess I should get down to actually writing some code, so 

TTYL

2 comments:

  1. How badly do you miss your giant monitor? Less than you thought?

    I finally got dual boot running with Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS as OS 1, and Windows 10 as the other. I like a lot of Ubuntu's current features - user management for instance. Like, this week I had somebody asking to use my computer since hers was out of commission. Better in Linux IMO. And I have my VPN connecting automatically for unsecure connections.

    Windows of course is where the fun is. And Office 2016, which I find very hard to replace. Documents with Math formulas done originally in Office do not port well to other formats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, more than I thought. It is like working with one hand behind my back and one eye closed. My productivity drops by about 50%!

    ReplyDelete