Saturday, July 23, 2016

Journeys

Today's song is: Me and Bobby McGee  .. Pink


It is interesting to compare journeys. The reason that friends give me for not visiting Thailand is mostly 'too far'. My journey to PEI by car takes longer than my flight from Ottawa to Bangkok, especially if you make it a two day trip which most people do.

I find the trip to Bangkok must easier and certainly less boring than an auto trip. The longest leg is usually about 12 hours (in this case, Chicago to Hong Kong). This may sound like a lot, but it is broken up with 3 meals that usually take an hour to dispense with and includes at least 3 free glasses of red wine. I also watch 3 full length movies which are good for another 5 hours. That leaves me 4 hours to kill. I always take an isle seat which mean I can get up and stretch whenever I want. I usually take at least 2 twenty minute stretches which kills at least another hour. That leaves with 3 hours of reading and or snoozing. All in all, not too bad.

The connecting flights of 3 hours are easy!

I am back in Ottawa for my last 4 days in Canada. Today I washed Elaine's car to remove the road grime and bugs from the trip. I am chilling out with some red wine and a book. I certainly have no wish to get back in a car. Sunday, I will go to my sister's downtown condo to pick up a few items I have stored there. Monday, I am off to the lawyers and my insurance company to to tie up loose ends. Tuesday, I will pack and double and triple check my connections and hotels. I also hope to see my son Jordan sometime before I leave.

It was great to visit wit my sisters and my daughter Jaime on our trip out east to spread my mom's ashes. Especially good to spend quality time with my daughter Jaime!

I am. however, really looking forward to getting back to Bangkok, the most fun city on the planet. Also looking for some great lovins from Thavorn and Jaidan :-)

Don't Stop Believing  .. Journey


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment