Thursday, July 28, 2016

Overnight in Hong Kong

Today's song is: Dead Flowers .. Willy and Keith  .. go figure :-)


I overnight-ed in Hong Kong after 30 strait hours of travel with no sleep. Mind you, I did not sleep much but it was wonderful to just close my eyes and rejoice at just being close Bangkok and Thavorn and Jaidan. I am staying at the Regency airport Hotel that you simply walk to via a 5 minute walkway. It is expensive but when you consider the alternative of taking a taxi to some unknown location in Hong Kong.

Here I am getting ready to type this blog post.



 and here is Jaidan waiting for me to arrive


Thavorn tells me Jaidan is missing his Poppa and starting to chat now. Unfortunately, I suspect it is in Thai .. the price I pay for going to Canada for 2 months. It should be easy to get caught up i English. I will start by reading Jaidan the 10 books I purchased and am bring back with me.

I found the trip long this time. I suspect it was because I had  3 layovers of 5 hours, 6 hours, and overnight in Hong Kong. I will have to do better in my planning for next summer. For example, Tokyo to Chicago is 11 hours while Newark to Tokyo is 13.5 hours. Now 2.5 hours may not seem like much, tacked on at the end of a flight, it is!!!

My Air Asia flight from Hong Kong to Bangkok is only about 2.5 hours and it leaves at 10:45 and puts me into Bangkok at 12:30 pm. I will get to my hotel at about 2:30 and have two errands to run before I catch some more sleep and meet my friend John for some beers and bar hopping.

And (I know, never start a sentence with And) in the spirit of saving the planet ...


TTYL,

1 comment: