Thursday, July 7, 2016

19 Days and Counting

Today's song is: Sunday Morning After .. Amanda Marshall


I moved back to my sister's in Ottawa and was supposed to meet my buddy John for a beer or two at Big Rigs but I messed up and it looked like I cancelled out but actually did not so there I sat all by myself sipping a tall Gold waiting for John. I texted John, admitted my blunder, rebooked for tomorrow at noon and ordered a BBQ Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I walked back to Elaine's and received a text from my son Jordan asking me to meet him for a beer at Big Rig at 8:15 tonight. Now, I like Big Rig, but 3 visits in 24 hours is a bit much, but off I go in 60 minutes :-)

The online stores can't fathom while folks do not use their smart phones for buying tings on line. Duh, what happened with Big Rig is a perfect example. Finger poking a small screen and entering info with auto correct on will land you in trouble sooner or later. Sometimes a large screen, a regular keyboard, a mouse, and your brain engaged is simply a better choice.

I have mapped out the rest of my time in Canada and it is rapidly disappearing. I am down to 19 days, 7 of which will be spent with my 2 sisters and my daughter Jaime. Road trip .. should be fun. One of the coolest part of the trip is going over the Confederation bridge.

Confederation Bridge

The Confederation Bridge joins the eastern Canadian provinces of Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, making travel throughout the Maritimes easy and convenient. The curved, 12.9 kilometre (8 mile) long bridge is the longest in the world crossing ice-covered water, and more than a decade after its construction, it endures as one of Canada’s top engineering achievements of the 20th century.




I also have an upcoming coming BBQ with Mike in Orleans this Sunday and then a final week of work at various Eastern Ontario school boards. I said my goodbye's to Lake Maskinonge and my buddy Gandalf that walks the forest at my sisters.


Bigger than he looks


Chainsaw art


If you go down into the woods today


Departing .. idyllic setting in the woods of Quebec

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Feeling like a Big Rig after three trips to the Big Rig?
    Beautiful scenery at that bridge and area.

    ReplyDelete