Monday, July 11, 2016

Coaches

Today's song is: Start Me Up  ..Stones


The boys got together on Sunday at 1 pm and we laughed for the next 10 hours. We have lots in common. First and foremost, we are guy kind of guys. Secondly, are are all divorced or separated, probably due to the first reason. Thirdly, we are all accomplished basketball coaches who have coached with and against each other. Here is a pic, but unfortunately Gerry is missing from the group photo because someone has to take the pic :-)


John, Ashley, Mike, and Jim


Gerry and Ashley

Gerry owns the house and often uses it as a halfway house for men going through a divorce or other traumatic experience who need a place to crash. Laughter is heals the soul and Gerry's environment has laughter in abundance. If we could bottle it and sell it we would be very rich men.

We dined on burgers and chickens and copious amounts of wine, but I think we seriously depleted Mike's wine cellar.

My time in Canada is rapidly coming to a close. I have Monday to Friday for a last week of work and visiting school boards and then I leave for PEI for a week to spread my mom's ashes with my two sisters and daughter. Then it is a weekend at my sister Elaine's and then packing on Monday and a 6 am flight to Thailand on the Tuesday morning. Best I get down to programming ... Start me up :-)

TTYL

1 comment: