Sunday, July 3, 2016

Village Respite

Today's song is: Nautical Disaster .. Lightfoot song sung by The Tragically Hip  .. proudly Canadian


The lead singer of Tragically Hip has been diagnosed with terminally ill brain cancer. Canada Day has just passed along with memorials to the Canadians who died during WW1. This song reflects on WW2.

I video chat with Thavorn and Jaidan twice a day to say good morning and good night. Over the past couple of weeks I could tell that Thavorn was getting a little bit bored with the village and recently she started admitting it. I am not surprised as she got accustomed to living in Bangkok which is light years removed from her village life.

I explored my resort points and found I could book a week at the Marriott in downtown Bangkok for the week of August 1st to August 8th. Thavorn and Jaidan will arrive by bus on the 31st (Jordan's 2 year birthday) and we will celebrate with dinner and a visit to Toys R Us to let him choose his birthday present. This will give Thavorn a much needed break from the village and will shorten my remaining stay in the village to 3 weeks which is fine by me :-)

We have our old apartment rented in Bangkok from the 1st of September to the last week in April. We hope that all three of us our visiting Canada for Canada's 150 birthday celebration next summer. We are hoping Canada will grant Thavorn a multiple entry visa so that she can visit Canada each summer while Jaidan and I are accumulating our 153 days in Ontario to qualify for OHIP, our provincial health insurance. Jaidan is a Canadian citizen and already has his Canadian passport.

The Marriott is in the middle of Bangkok and is 5 star. Here are some pics:








TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment