Saturday, February 29, 2020

All Good Things ...

Today's song is: Leaving on a Jet Plane .. Denver and Elliot


All good things eventually must end and my love affair with Thailand has come to an end or is, at least on hold, for 18 months.  At this moment we are planning to visit Thailand again from June 1st to Augusts 31st 2021. More than likely, Pattaya will be our home base with visits to Bangkok, Wichian Buri, and Phang Nga (Phuket).

Our home base in Canada is going to be the sleepy rural village of Osgoode, about a half hour drive outside of Ottawa. Sounds like a good place to sit out the Corona Virus Pandemic that I suspect will be announced shortly after we arrive in Canada. It appears we are getting out of S.E. Asia just in time.

We had a lovely Thai dinner last night, courtesy of the seniors on my basketball team. They are a wonderful group of young men, and I will miss them.

My visit to downtown Bangkok was anti climatic. Cowboy was a ghost town so we visited the Beer Garden and the beer bars of Soi 7. Both of these areas were very busy.  Why the distinction? Cowboy is a tourist destination and there are very few tourists these days and Soi 7 is frequented by lifers and expats.

I just booked a van, via grab taxi to take us to the airport at 7 am tomorrow morning. My senior boys asked to see us off at 8:30 just before we pass through to our gates.  Seems like I made a difference in their lives and you can't ask for more than that.

So, I am a little melancholy as I reach the end, but I am really excited about the next stage of my life. It is great to re event your life every decade. So many people seem to get stuck in the same, same.

  Not for me!

My next post will be from Canada.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment