Friday, February 21, 2020

One Week Remaining

Today's song is: Born to be Wild ... Steppenwolf


I am having fun teasing Thavorn that she only has one week remaining in Thailand and then we are off to the Great White North.  She is handling it well. I suspect the reason is, she is looking forward to a change.

Jaidan continues to mark the days off on his calendar and even seems reconciled to the fact that he will be attending school in Canada. perhaps, he too, is looking forward to a change.

That brings me to me.  Yes, I am definitely looking for a change. It is always good to get away, but it is always good to get back home. The problem, for me, lately, was defining where home was. Home is where your friends and family are. It is were you feel comfortable and safe. recently, Thailand has not been providing those things for me.

The virus numbers in Thailand are no longer reported. Obviously the government is repressing the reporting because they want tourism to rebound. I believe that says quite a bit about the ruling junta party, 'The buck trumps all'.

Meanwhile the virus is spreading to many other countries. I believe it is far from done and will decimate the southern continents of South America and Africa who are ill equipped to handle it.  nature has a way of curtailing populations of every species.

Will be be safe in Canada. Yes if Canada controls exposure to the virus. No, if the virus spreads as our hospitals are already operating at 100% capacity and we can't construct a hospital in 2 weeks as China did. As always there is good and bad (ying and yang) everywhere.

I can't believe how excited I am about having wheel for the first time in over 10 years. makes me want to start thinking about my 2 wheel addiction :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment