Friday, February 28, 2020

Wow ... 2 more sleeps

Today's song is: One Night in Bangkok  .. Murray Head


Actually, my last night in Bangkok for close to 2 years.

The last week has seemed so long, but we are close now to start a new adventure. Adventures are great and quickly rids you of boredom. Off to greener pastures, one always hopes :-)

I handed out the team certificates to my varsity basketball team to cap off a great and final season with the boys I committed to for 3 years. It was rewarding seeing them develop as basketball players and become young men rather than boys. I believe they will do well in life.

The team gifted me with a signed jersey, thank you card and a memento of Thailand, a tuk tuk souvenir.



Missing Yen, my grade 8 starter  ... he was at the middle school assembly


My manager and Most Improved Player


Tonight, my seniors are taking Thavorn, Jaidan, and I out to dinner at Mega Bagna. It is my last official duty (not really a duty :-) in Thailand. After dinner, Thavorn and Jaidan will head home and I will catch the BTS to Soi Cowboy to meet up with John for one last walk on the wild side.

Tomorrow should be a day of rest and a time for reflection, and of course the last minute packing of computers and monitors.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment