Wednesday, February 19, 2020

10 Days and in the Air

Today's song is: Homeward Bound ... Simon and Garfunkel


In 10 days we are in the air, having said our goodbyes to friends and family in Thailand. I have 3 practices and one basketball tournament with my basketball team that I committed to for 3 years. I leave behind the genesis for next year's team and a basketball culture which should provide the grounds for success in future years.

I have been coaching basketball now for 35 years and I am not sure if it is time to hangup the basketball clipboard. I will decide when I get back to Canada. I get back in time for the Canadian University finals which starts on March 5th at TD Place, Lansdowne Park.

Jaidan continues to mark off his calendar and we are hoping for lots of snow when we arrive. We are probably the only ones hoping for snow at this time of year.

I am also looking forward to picking up my car on March the 4th. After much research I have decide on a 2020 Kia Forte GT.


It reminds me of my Chevy Cobalt SS I owned in the late 2000s, about the same horsepower but this one has much more torque because it is a turbo, so I expect more get up and go, especially with the 7 speed dual clutch transmission.


The Forte Kia comes fully equipped with the the safety features that you would want. It should be fun to drive. 

We will start to pack and give things away over this week. We hope to travel with one suitcase each.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment