Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Old Folks in Canada

Today's song is: Whisky in the Jar .. Dubliners


As I go into my 3rd week in Canada I often to take time to reflect on what older folks in Canada do. I noticed that many of them congregate in the same place, morning after morning. This is often McDonalds for breakfast, or more often, Tim Hortons for their morning coffee. They come in singles, but most often in pairs or 2 pairs where they often chat for over an hour. I took a photo of some of them in the Place d'Orleans mall  ..



The folks in the mall often pair up the coffee at Timmy's with mall walking, where they come to the mall before it is open and walk for an hour or so. For me, I prefer the soccer field at 11 am for a run in the sun around the field for 2 kilometres.

It has been 3 weeks and that is long enough to know that I prefer my life style in Thailand but Canada does it has some things going for it, like the 4 seasons, the beautiful clean air, and the people for the most part are simply wonderfully polite with please and thank you's as they hold doors open for you and wave you across the street. Pedestrians rule in Canada where cars and motorcycles rule in Thailand.

But, as always, when it comes to entertainment noting holds a candle to the City of Angels and the LOS (land of smiles), especially for folks over 40. I think it may be the 30 million tourists a year, but more likely, the vibrant expat community.

TTYL

2 comments:

  1. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.ลุมพินีพระราม3

    ReplyDelete