Sunday, August 27, 2017

Raven's Basketball

Today's song is:  I Will Always Love You .. Whitney Houston


My daughter Jaime and I are long time basketball fans of The Carleton Ravens Men's Team and we took advantage of the CanAm challenge to catch 3 games at the Raven's nest. Carleton won all 3 games against NCAA Div 1 teams, with the best game being against NorthEastern. If you like basketball and live in Ottawa you should get out and watch the Raven's play.


Bball at the Raven's nest on a beautiful Sunny Sunday afternoon at 3 pm


hence the small crowd as the summer weather has been abysmal

We also tried to get out to a Ravens Football game, but the game this September 3rd, the home opener was sold out and I travel back to Bangkok before the nest game. I played for the Ravens football team from 1972 to 1976 and have fond memories of the characters I played with.

One of the things I miss about Ottawa is coaching basketball. I coached for over 30 years, boys and girls, club and school basketball. If I find myself back in Ottawa I would seriously want to start coaching again despite having coached over 1,600 games already.

It is August 27th so that means in 12 days, I start the long flight back to BKK and my family. Thavorn and Jaidan are enjoying their stay in Phang Nga but will head back to Bangkok on September 1st. I think Thavorn misses her friends back in Bangkok. They are a fun loving bunch of girls.

Jaidan will also start back in Nursery school when I get back. I am not sure he missed it, but I m sure he will let us know  :-)

I always miss certain foods while I am in Thailand and one of them is the Tim Horton's breakfast Sausage Sandwich so I made sure I had one this morning.


Jaidan is often mistaken for a girl because of his long hair. I am not sure it is the hair because Thavorn put his hair up and shot some photos. Hair up, or down, Jaidan would make for a pretty girl .. If he was not such a mischievous boy  :-)




While on the topic of girls, I was chatting on LINE with one of my ex bargirl friends and we were discussing the type of girl I thought her BF preferred and the type I liked.  He would prefer the first pic and I like the second type.  They are both typical of Thai beauties ...



TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment