Sunday, August 6, 2017

On The Road ...

Today's song is: Leaving on a Jet Plane  .. Timberlake


From the sort of good news department, Stickman's column is running for another week:

'I don’t like ambiguity and I really don’t like uncertainty.  I don’t like not knowing what is going on when there’s a direct effect on me.  I hate not being about to plan ahead.  24 hours ago I thought this was the end, the last column.  I had written a long goodbye message outlining everything in detail….but things started happening and now I don’t know what is happening.  I never intend to mislead anyone so when I say that I genuinely do not know what is going on or what will happen next, that is the honest truth.  What can I say, other than tune in next week for the latest instalment in the Stickman journey to, well, who knows where'.

As for myself, I am up at 5 am tomorrow and in a Taxi by 6 am to get to Don Muang Airport for my 9 am flight to KL where I overnight and then catch my 7 am flight to Tokyo and then on wards to Ottawa via Toronto.It's never particularly easy travelling halfway around the world and 25 hours of travel time is about the best you can do. The reason I am flying out of KL is to use ANA and Air Canada all the way home. The food and service are great, and I will have a few fellow farangs on my flight.

The hardest part about going away is knowing will wake up tomorrow, an hour after I have left and will call, 'Poppa, Poppa, Poppa ...'

As for Thavorn, I asked her if she was sad I was going for a month and she said, 'Why would I be sad, you come back Jimmy!'. Thavorn did say she would miss the magic sink. I said magic sink? She said, 'Yes, i put dirty dishes in, and come back 10 minutes later and they all clean  .. magic!'

I may end up writing a post halfway through the trip is some interesting observations come to light.

I must admit I am looking froward to my first Tim Horton's medium coffee, double double,  and a breakfast sausage sandwich  :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment