Saturday, August 12, 2017

All Alone .. Except for the Cats

Today's song is: Stickwitu  .. Pussycat Dolls


I dropped my sister off at the airport at 8 pm for her flight to England to visit her cousin Jill and spread my mom's ashes on the beach where she used to play as a child. That leaves me all alone with the 5 resident cats plus the one free loader who comes by during the night for his feed of kibbles. Each cat has his own dietary needs that I have to keep track of.

The cats are Caissie and her bay Kit Kat, Smokey and her sister Katie, and Mr. Tibbs who lives in the garage. I don't think the free loader has earned a name yet.  Along with the 5 cats are 5 kitty litters which must be cleaned daily and 2 electric water supplies that must be maintained.

The bird feeder must be kept full as must the water container they drink from. The flowers and plants inside and outside must also be monitored and watered.

It appears that it is back to nature for me which is a big change form the bar scene in Bangkok.  :-)

My sister Elaine is back on the 26th and like the little train, I keep repeating to myself, "I thing I can, I think I can ...".

Today, Saturday, I am meeting my daughter, Jaime for a walk along the Canada Trail in Stittsville and a look see of the model house that she just purchased and takes possession in the summer of 2018.

Tomorrow, Sunday Jamie and I are also travelling over to the Quebec side for a dinner and a few glasses of red wine with my sister Ann and her better half, Bill.

My business partner and I got some work done in our school board which left me some programming for Friday which I managed to get done, which means Brent has some testing to do.

All in all, I am staying busy.  Oops, forgot I visited Chapters and purchased a science fantasy for reading in between feeding the cats and changing their litters.

I also get the use of Elaine's car while she is in England and Italy. It is a very sporty Honda.


Vroom, vroom, vroom  .... just have to remember to stay on the right side of the road!

I chat with Thavorn and Jaidan daily via LINE. Next week they will take the overnight buss from Bangkok to Pha-Ngan (near Phuket). to stay for a week with her sister and her significant other Pom. They run a small ice cream shop. That should make a week go bye for Jaidan and her quickly.

TTYL

1 comment: