Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Canada

Today's song is: A Medley of Tom Connors songs (33 mins)


I am back in Ottawa and today is my first full day, having arrived last night at 8:30 pm. My sister was waiting for me and we jumped in her car and headed off to her home. We had a great chat and some laughs over a couple of glasses of red wine and my head hit the pillow at 1 am and I immediately fell asleep until 8:30 am this morning.

The next morning I headed out for a short run along the Ottawa river bike path and arrived back for a couple of coffees which did not help much and I started to nap about 3 pm until 5 pm when my daughter Jaime and my sister Ann arrived to pickup Elaine to go see Cirque du Solei.  They suggested I buy a ticket but I told them I doubted I could stay awake for the whole show.

The weather is sunny and about 25 degrees which is cool for my Thailand adjusted body.

My flight was uneventful for the most part and Air Canada gets the reward for the best food beating out ANA of Japan. However, it remains one long ass flight and I had to pop two Advil to get through the flight. I just find it hard to sit for 25 hours, despite getting up to stretch every 2 hours. The movie supply was bad despite listing many flicks. I settled for watching 'Fate of the Furious' for the second time and 2 other soon forgotten titles. Unfortunately ANA and Air Canada had the same list of movies. However, Air Canada (new 787 dreamliner) had some great games that I played to pass the time.

When I arrived at Pearson International in Toronto, I cleared customs very quickly and immediately visited Tim Horton's for my medium double double fix  :-)

Tomorrow (Thursday) is a work day as my partner Brent and I visit the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board for our annual support meeting. Good to be in Canada, but missing my Thai family.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment