Friday, June 5, 2015

Jaidan and Thavorn Back Home

Today's song is Don't Forget Me ... Chili Peppers


Jaidan and Thavorn are on the bus on their way back from the village to Bangkok, which is about a 4 hour journey. I am anxious to see if Jaidan missed me and to see his reaction when he gets back. Hopefully he gets used to being without me for short periods of time. The next time is 28 days from mid August to mid September when I am back in Canada. It is my guess that Thavorn will head back to the village for at least half that time.

It was interesting to note that Tavorn complained about the heat this time. Most rural Thais do not have aircon but Thavorn is getting used to the 26 degrees we keep in the condo. She has also become very used to taking a hot bath and the cold showers were probably a shock to her back in the village.

Apparently Jaidan has quite a few red ant bites. They hang out in the bedroom we sleep in. I know, because last time they dined on me.

There are some interesting acronyms that float around the bar scene. My favorite is WATM's (walking ATMs) which is how the bar girls often view farangs. I invented my own ... MR's (mobile refrigerators) which I use to describe farang women who visit Thailand ... big, square, and cold :-) Many punters refer to Thai women as LBFM's. I will leave it to you to come up with the meaning

I did get out to a few bars during the week and not much has changed. Crazy House is still crazy (mostly young sharks) and Dollhouse is still going strong. The girls at Dollhouse are older and much easier to talk to. Country Road still has a nice mix of pool, music, and older ladies. Great place to relax. These bars are all at Soi Cowboy.

I bumped into an old friend (Sa) who worked Soi Cowboy for 15 years before retiring. She now runs a food cart during the day at Cowboy, selling noodle soup to the girls working the bars. I bought her a beer and chatted for a while. Her English husband is now living with her in Bangkok on a retirement visa. I was surprised to find that Sa brings in an average of 1,000 Baht a day which is 30,000 Baht a month or 10,000 more than your typical Thai university graduate.

Nana is still popular at all hours and Hillary 4 is still a great place to have an afternoon beer, play some pool, and people watch.

TTYL




2 comments:

  1. Put couscous down around the room. The ants will eat it, feed it to their Queen, everybody explodes. Is a safe ant killer when you have kids or pets! Have a great day James!

    ReplyDelete