Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hump Day

Today's song is 'Wake Me Up' ... just because ...


It is Wednesday and Thavorn and I agree it is good to be back in our apartment ... much easier to entertain Jaidan and keep him happy.

Has it ever occurred to you that the world is getting more stupid? Think about the Darwinian aspect of it. Smart well educated people usually limit themselves to 1 or 2 children while the uneducated masses, with lots of time on their hands procreate readily. In warm climates there is no penalty for being stupid as there is in the colder climates. Back in the 1800's in Canada and much of Northern Europe, if you were not smart enough to prepare for winter then you simply froze to death and the smart prevailed.

Nowadays with the welfare states that these northern harsh climates have evolved into, there is no penalty to be paid for being stupid or lazy. Big government and liberal policies will look after you. It seems that it is even better to have lots of kids because the government will give you more money.

This theory could even explain why the middle class is shrinking and the rich are getting richer.

At some point though, government runs out of money and then you end up with a situation like the Fall of the Roman Empire where you have the masses to entertain and keep fed and fewer resources to do it with.

We don't even have plagues or world wars nowadays to kill off the stupid folks. I think it was Forrest who said that "Stupid is as Stupid Does"


The interesting thing to me about the Forrest Gump movie is that I have seen it many times but never watched it from end to end. One of these days I must set aside enough time to really appreciate the movie.

Nowadays politicians have it easy as they the electorate has been dumbed down and will believe just about anything. 

Whoa now ... not sure where those thoughts came from ... definitely not politically correct ... the PC police may find me out :-)

I try to learn something new everyday ... if I don't, I somehow feel I have cheated myself. My biggest concern is expressed by the wise man whose biggest regret was that he could not always remember what he knows ... been there.


TTYL






No comments:

Post a Comment