Sunday, April 28, 2019

Saturday in Ottawa

Today's song is  Zombie  ... Bad Wolves


Compared with Bangkok Saturdays in Ottawa are extremely quiet  .. maybe not for the under 40's  .. but definitely for the over 50's. I was chatting with my buddy Arthur in Bangkok and he said things were hopping at the Beer Garden.  There was talk of the Beer garden shutting down and another condo going up, but that has yet to come to pass.

My daughter Jaime told me to visit before the country changed. She was referring to Vietnam about 10 years ago, but that definitely applied to Thailand as well. There is a push in the world to sanitize everything and unfortunately much is lost in the process.

Heraclitus had it right when he stated, 'You can not step into the same river twice.'  I suggest you do S.E Asia now, not later.  There is nothing so constant as change.

Speaking of change, Thavorn is going the opposite way of most Thai women who head west. She is losing weight, not gaining weight, much to her delight.


She does not know I took the pic, or posted it.  Don't tell :-)

The heat wave continues in Thailand (44 degrees in the village) as the cold continues in Canada (high of 9 degrees today). However, Thavorn agrees with me that you can always get warm by putting on more clothes, whereas in Thailand, apart from air con, you are stuck.

It's a quiet Sunday afternoon and may is fast approaching.  I find myself missing my Thai friends. However, on Wednesday it is beer and the meatball platter at the Prescott which should help. About 5 friends are coming  :-)

TTYL

1 comment: