Friday, April 5, 2019

Eventful Day

Today's song is: Light my Fire .. The Doors


Today started off as a quiet day and then we decided to go for a walk to explore the sales at the Independent Grocers. Jaidan is always the first out the door and he usually looks out the window but this day he walked down the hall 10 feet and noticed some interesting red gadget on the wall. I believe he is starting to understand simple words such as 'pull' so he did exactly that and the fire alarm alarm stared ringing. Jaidan does not like loud noises so he came running to the door just as I stepped out and noticed that the fire alarm had been pulled.

Your immediate action is to try to close the alarm, but just like Pandora's box, once opened, the path is set. Residents start coming out of their apartments so I tell them to stay put as my son has pulled the alarm. I run downstairs to the office but it is closed and I tell another 5 residents to ignore the alarm and run back up the stairs to find a scared Jaidan and an inquisitive Thavorn. I decide to call 911 and report that the alarm is false, and that my 4 year old had pulled it. The person informs me that they will notify the station to send one truck to reset the alarm. I go back downstairs and arrive in the foyer to see two fire trucks pulling up.

I walk up to the first truck as a huge firefighter steps out (6'8" and about 280 pounds). Jaidan is now with me and I confess that my 4 year old son pulled the alarm and that I will show him where the alarm is.  Of course they have to reset the alarm panel and then go to the switch. Upstairs there is a 50ish Asian lady and the firefighter asks me if this is the mother, just as Thavorn walks out of the apartment and I say, here is the mother and the firefighter does a double take but says nothing (we get that look a lot).

I am anticipating a huge fine:

The fine for the first false alarm is $189, and it goes up from there for each subsequent false alarm. The initial proposal is a fire alarm permit fee of $48 annually, along with a fine of $172 for a 15-minute on-scene response, or $343 for a 30-minute response.

but the firefighter does not take any information and talks kindly to Jaidan about pulling the alarm, so I am hoping we do not get fined.  I would have taken a picture of the 2 fire trucks and the firefighter with  Jaidan but I felt that would be pushing our luck.

After that event we needed to go to Timmy's for a coffee and a donut to settle down somewhat and then we headed of to the grocery store and loaded up with some specials.

We are back home now and Jaidan is watching Paw Patrol and all is good  .. until next time .. life is seldom boring for me.  :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment