Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Busy Day

Today's song is: Start Me Up .. Stones


Today was a busy day. I had my medical for my Life Insurance application. It was very detailed and thorough. The good news was my blood pressure was 122/80 and my resting heartbeat was 74 beats per minute. Of course my BMI sucks as I way 209 pounds and I am 5'10". The BMI scale never takes into accounts weightlifters. Muscle is 3 times heavier than fat!

Up next was an OC Transpo bus trip to Winners. Thavorn read on a Thai post that Winners was a must visit. Turns out to that Thai was right as Thavorn bought 2 pairs of jeans, a jean jacket, and an Adidas jacket, and a Spalding jacket and pants for Jaidan; all for $165.00

After Winners we stopped off at Timmy's for a coffee and donut.  Then we walked to St. Laurent to put in some time before my optometrist appointment and my frame purchase for Lenscrafters. My eye appointment was covered by OHIP except for one test which my RTO group insurance covered. Turns out I have a minimal cataract forming that will need to be monitored. I have a follow up appointment in a week to run a glaucoma test, just to be careful.  I found Rideau Optometrists to be very thorough and professional, with the latest equipment.  They were also able to file my RTO claim on line.

I decided on progressive lenses with automatic sun glass shading (to prevent cataracts by the Thai sunshine). I also settled on Oakley frames as I am hard on glasses. I topped off the purchase by buying a year's worth of insurance for $34. No matter what I do (sitting on them, driving over them, etc) as long as I can return them, I get a new pair!

My RTO group insurance will cover $400 of the $690 cost. I am quite happy with the fit and style.


The lens have the latest sun glass darkening that works inside cars!  The frames will also fit easily in a motorcycle helmet.

While at St. Laurent I also introduced Thavorn to New York Fries poutine, the spicy pulled pork version. The fries earned a yummy thumbs up from Thavorn.



We then caught OC Transpo back home and Jaidan fell asleep on the bus.  However, we were able to wake him up to get off the buss and walk back to the condo.

All in all, a good day with lots accomplished.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment