Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday Again :-)

Today's song is: Whatever it Takes ... Imagine Dragons


It has been a week since I posted last and much of that had to do with the weather which was unseasonably cold and wet.  Today, the weather was a seasonably 17 degrees and sunny.  We took advantage of the weather and headed downtown to parliament Hill and the market. There were many tourists doing exactly the same and the outside areas of the market bars were very busy.  Thavorn finally got a taste of Ottawa as it should be at this time of year.

Here are some pics:












My programming is going well and I find myself waiting on data from the two local school boards. Hopefully the data will be available soon and I can start testing my code.

Our friends the Canada geese seem intent on hanging around for a while while the mallard ducks have moved on.



Motorcycles are starting to appear and it makes me yearn for another but that will have to wait until the summer of 2020 :-(

Thavorn's village was flattened by what appears to be a mini tornado. 335 homes are without roofs. Fortunately Thavorn's family house survived. I guess Thavorn and I built (paid for) a good roof. I don't think village Thais carry house insurance so I don't know what most of the families will do.  I imagine many farangs are getting a call about needing a new roof. This time, it is true :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment