Sunday, March 13, 2016

Swimming

Today's song is: Stronger by Clean Bandit


I am back into a routine of swimming every second day and I am about 90% recovered from my back injury with a little bit of hip bursitis left. The swimming should get rid of that as long as I start slowly. Very little stress on the body.

Thavorn is very much looking forward to us buying a truck and learning how to drive. However, she seems incapable of choosing a color for the truck. I personally do not care and I am leaving the choice to her. It comes in 4 boring colors; white, black, silver and grey. Now, if it came in fire engine red :-)

Next week I head off to the Canadian embassy to get a letter stating how much my income is. This is required for the truck loan. I will provably do that Tuesday as Monday and Fridays are busy days at the embassy. I also have to go to Thai immigration for my 3 month pit stop to show I am still in Thailand at my registered address. Most countries actually keep tabs on you when you are a visitor in their country, unlike Canada and the United  States. Every time I check into a hotel I am required to show my passport which is always photocopied and checked to make sure I am in the country legally. North America can learn something from this. The local police will also stop you and ask for your passport but I never get checked because they all recognize me as a regular.

There is a drought going on in most areas of Thailand and there is talk of asking Thais to not waste water during the upcoming Songkran water festival. The water from the tap is also starting to taste a little brackish as the water level in the main river that flows through Bangkok has dropped so much that the ocean water is starting to enter the system.

I purchased a split unit air con at Big C and will install it in our sleeping room at Thavorn's house back in the village. It will aid greatly in my stay in the village for over a month this summer. I get grouchy when I don't get enough sleep. I also plan to do some running back in the village, but it will be in the early morning hours before it gets too hot. The air conned bedroom will also be where I set up my work area for programming. The village had quite good internet connectivity. Go figure, I think it is because of the school in the village.

I started organizing my pics and found some good pics of Thavorn.


Thavorn and her 2 best friends


Thavorn looking pensive


The 3 friends at the movies


In the park with Tacky


With a San Miquel Lite


Roadside bar


In Pattaya on my birthday


Great shape, first time in a bikini


A little bit shy


Learning how to play pool at Hustlers


Feeling good about herself

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment