Sunday, March 6, 2016

Close to Normal

Today's song is: Rather Be by Clean Bandit  .. their breakout song


As my back heals my life in Bangkok returns to normal. A little bit of programming, a little bit of social life, and a lot of attending to Jaidan's needs. Jaidan is quite a growing concern at the age of 1 year and 7 months. For some reason Jaidan thinks he is boss. I think I rename him, Jaidan the usurper. Here is a photo of Jaidan commandeering, not only my computer but my chair.


Jaidan loves to watch Pingu over the internet mostly via Chromecast on the television but more recently on my 34" monitor while perched in my chair. Pingu is a clay animation cartoon series where the main characters are penguins and speak Penguinese. Lots of fun.

I will start to get back to my programming now that I can sit for longer periods. It is mostly just revisions to existing software that is in production. If you are a programmer you understand that maintenance is very boring and would rather be programming something new. Time to brainstorm for a new piece of software. Any ideas out there?

Life in Thailand goes on. The army seems to be doing a good job but the political pundits are wanting a return to democracy and that is on the horizon but there are disagreements over the newly drafted constitution that will be voted on during an upcoming referendum. Just like teaching, you can't make everyone happy as utopia does not exist in any form of government.

My home country has just resettled 25,000 Syrians in record time and is being touted as an example for the rest of the world, especially Europe. There was a recent article detailing the experience of one family that just arrived that has 11 children. The average Canadian family has less than 2 children. I am no sure how many children they would have had with Canada's support for children unlike Syria. I am not quite sure I would have brought 11 children into the world if I lived in Syria. Easy enough to criticize when I am not walking in their shoes.

There will definitely be a clash of cultures and worse still, a clash of religions. It will be interesting to see the Canadian response when they start building mosques and start broadcasting the call to prayer 5 times a day. I have lived in and visited Muslim and Buddhist countries and I know which I prefer. However, I will state that there is no place for religion in the governance of any country. I have been following the American pre-election primaries and there is always a lot of talk of the evangelical vote so even in America, the home of democracy, religion makes itself felt in the democratic process.



The world ... it is a changing ... Dylan at the White House

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment