Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Beautiful Women

Today's song is: The Sage by Emerson Lake and Palmer .. RIP


http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/mar/13/keith-emerson-obituary

I had a great day yesterday. It started early with a trip to the government office complex to complete my 90 day stay report. I have discovered the best day to go is Wednesdays and I was done in an hour. I then caught a taxi to the Mo Chit BTS station and jumped on the MRT train back to Sukhumvit. I then headed over to Hustlers for some pool practice, followed by a quick snack of Phad Thai Gai at my favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant. You know you have been in Bangkok for a while when the serving staff greets with you with, 'Where baby?'.

After my lunch I headed over to Hillary 4 on Nana to people watch and await my buddy. My buddy arrived in due course and we started off with the first of seven 'Black Sodas and Vodka and Red Bulls'. We still can't understand the attraction of Hooters across the street where the beer and drinks are twice the price and the women less obtainable, although quite cute and friendly. Hillary 4 is a much better deal and once I got past the 'Where baby?' much more fun.

I also sit at the railing that looks over the street as it is great for people watch, both tourists and Thai. My buddy and I both commented on how there is no other place in the world where so many beautiful women pass by in the quantities that occur at this particular spot. And, wonder of wonders, they smile back, confident in their beauty, and entertainment value of the two us enjoying the scene. Some of the best looking women are Katoey, as they are masters of makeup. After 6 years, we can spot them easily but nooby's beware, unless that is your thing :-)

After about 3 hours I received a call from Thavorn wondering where I was and stating that both she and Jaidan needed to get out of the apartment and do something, so I regretfully said goodbye and caught a taxi home and then we proceeded to Big C for diapers and formula which we were running out of. A quick supper at KFC and we were back home about 8 pm and Jaidan was ready to call it a night. Almost forgot, we purchased Jaidan's first bicycle with training wheels and had to catch a Tuk Tuk home but seeing as we are regulars the driver only charged us 60 Baht rather than the usual 100 Baht they extort from others.


My favorite hole-in-the-wall eatery


Bugs for sale outside Hillary 4 .. no shortage of bar girls lined up for a snack


Jaidan and his new wheels



TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment