Sunday, March 27, 2016

RIP and Rain

Today's song is: Sympathy for the Devil ... Stones classic in England - 1990


a theme song for you Thai males


Today Thavorn is a little wistful. Last night her first husband died in a motorcycle crash. The carnage on Thai roadways is under reported but it is rampant. That is is one of the reason why I am purchasing a big pickup with many airbags. Drunk driving and a poor regard for safe driving and loss of life is a major reason for traffic deaths. Young Thai males without a future are often the casualties driven to careless with alcohol or yabba. He was 31 and the father of Tai and Dun who are currently visiting us. Tai and Dun hardly knew their father as Thavorn got tired of being beaten up when he drank or did drugs and left him long ago and refused him access to her children. Thavorn asked me for 1,000 baht to send to his village so that he could be cremated and put to rest by the village monks. As I said, somewhat wistful.

Last night we had our first rain in about 5 months and hopefully the drought is broken. April is Songkran and the advent of the rainy season in this part Thailand. Unfortunately it also gets stinky hot with very high humidity. The rain is frequent but usually lasts only 30 mins to an hour, similar to Florida in the summer.

I have started reading again. I really miss being hunkered down with a good fantasy story. Now that Tai and Dun are with us, occupying Jaidan I have more time to simply relax with a cup of coffee and a book.

Someone has opened up a dinosaur theme park in downtown Bangkok. I see it as somewhat tacky but the Thais are eating it up. Go figure. It will be interesting to see if it has lasting appeal. I can't see anyone visiting it twice, but there are over 10 million people in Bangkok.

I plan on getting back into coaching basketball during the summer of 2017 in Ontario. I have May-September available so if some organization is interested in getting a great coach during the summer months for a travelling team of player development I can be reached at CoachJimDale@gmail.com. Jaidan will be 3 by the summer of 2017 and I would like him to develop as a gym rat :-) similar to Jaime and Jordan.

In NCAA action, Kansas got beat by Villanova. Go figure, I thought Kansas had a lock on this year's madness. Perhaps the Tarheels will end their drought and make Larry happy :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment