Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Our Night Out

Today's song is: Pusscat Dolls and Doncha


I started off at Robin Hood bar at 5:30 and stayed longer than I thought. My friend I were were trying to educate a Thai woman on the basics of saving a portion of your income every month and why it was important to have some money in the bank. Mostly a waste of time.

I headed out to Country Road about 8:30 but Thavorn did not arrive to join me until 10 ish. It seems Jaidan was not all that interested in falling asleep. By the time Thavorn joined me I was 2 sheets to the wind and we decided to walk down to Nana and Hillary 2 to give me a chance to sober up. Along the 25 min walk I notice a huge proliferation in tourists form the Middle East and Africa. However, Nana changed all that as it could be aptly named Punterville :-).

We arrived at Hillary 2 and were immediately recognized by one waitress despite not having been to Hillary in almost 2 years. She brought us to a great table in front of the band and we were greeted in mid song with 'Welcome back Jimmy and Pretty Girl!' They did not remember Thavorn's name but I am always remembered, mostly because, I think, the longish hair and my image.  Great to be welcomed back. I bought a round for the 7 band members and sat back and enjoyed the next 3 hours.

We left about 1:30 as I was famished as I had not eaten anything since breakfast. We stopped at our favorite hole in the wall restaurant and I had Pad Thai Gai and Thavrn had noodle soup. We then flagged down a cab and arrived home at 2 am to find all 3 children wide awake watching TV. Jaidan had a big grin on his face. Needless to say, off he went to bed, closely followed by everyone else.

Here are some pics of our night out:


At Country Road waiting for Thavorn


Hillary 2 - 2 male singers are a riot!






TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment