Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Thavorn Tuesday

Today's song is: Eternal Flame .. Bangles


Thavorn and Jaidan arrive this afternoon about 2 ish.

Displaying P_20151101_203313.jpg

My favorite Pad Thai Gai food stall  .. best in Bangkok .. 60 Baht

Thavorn and Jaidan are back and life is back to normal which is mostly good. Tacky's Swiss customer is back this weekend and Tacky and her customer friend have invited her out on Saturday night for an evening of fun. Last time she did this she came home after sunrise and talked to the toilet for a while. I promised she could do it once a month (he comes back every 4 weeks for a week and is on an expense account) as long as she gets in around 3 ish in the morning.

You know what they say, 'If you love something, set it free, if it comes back, it is yours, if it does not, it never was'. Seriously, though, Thavorn is 29 and needs to get out with her friends and cut loose every now and again. I certainly do, so it would not be fair if she did not have the same opportunity I have. My only concern is alcohol and Thai girls do not mix well, especially when the alcohol is free flow.

Thavorn and I went for a walk today and everyone on Soi 22 was happy to see us all together again. I think we are a living example that Farang/Thai relationship sometimes work out well. Many Hi-Fives for Jaidan and 'Where have you been?' for Thavorn. 

Two Thai ladies and one of their Thai boy friends have bought out one of the pubs in Queens Park and I sincerely they make a go of it. It is good to see them invest their hard earned money rather than gamble, drink, or give it away. I know I will frequent their bar as long as they have a happy hour and their girls to not badger me with, 'You buy me drink?'  They certainly have the bar experience to make a go of it.

I met quite a few new bar girls when Thavorn was in her village. Not to worry, I was a good boy, but I do like to meet pretty young ladies and play the bar game. However, if I tell them I have lived in Bangkok for 5 years they give up with a, 'You have Thai wife?'  Still, lots of fun kicking the tires :-)

TTYL

3 comments:

  1. Jim,
    Did you see the meteorite over Bangkok the other night?
    Also, did you know that a lot of your pics do not display? At least not on my IPad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,

    No, I missed it live but it was replayed many times on local television. I thought it was space junk that was anticipated.

    I check the display as soon as I post on Google's Chrome. Always displays perfectly. You are the first person to state a problem. Try downloading Chrome from the Apple Store. Will be free :-) Safari sucks.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using Chrome and 3 pictures from the past few days are not displaying. Usually there is no problem. Just backing up what Mark said.

    ReplyDelete