Saturday, November 21, 2015

Saturday Night

Today's song is: Play that Funky Music by Wild Cherry


Thavorn, Jaidan and I headed out for a walk about 4:30 and as we often do, we ended up at Soi Cowboy at Country Road. While Jaidan entertained the ladies, Thavorn went off to play pool and ended up playing against Jean, a bald young French man who lives in Bangkok.

Jaidan and I ended up being entertained by Jimmy, who has lived in Bangkok for the past 30 years but who is originally from Singapore. Jimmy speaks 7 languages and has the cutest well behaved little dog who accompanies him while he plays pool on Country Road. Jaidan was enthralled with the dog who kept giving Jaidan kisses.

Jimmy introduced me to his friend Michael from Mississauga (small world) and who is also from Singapore originally but manages to visit S.E. Asia for 2 months every year. While in Bangkok he stays with Jimmy but he also owns condos in Singapore and the Philippines.

I ended up playing Jean for a couple of games and when I finished I ended up back with Michael who had met David from Manchester England. Davis visits Canada quite often as he is a sales person for a paper company, and get this, they sell paper to Canada. It turns out none of the Canadian companies want to produce specialty papers (think stamps) in small quantities for Canadian firms like Canada Post. No wonder the CDN $ is so low these days. WTF!

After a total of about 7 games of pool and 2 pitchers of Singha I paid the bill of 600 baht (about $20 CDN) and we headed off to walk home with Jaidan on my shoulders in search of some chicken legs for Jaidan and I and some BBQ squid and pork balls for Thavorn. Mission accomplished and we headed home.

There is this one problem of having a child at 2^6 years of age, now that Jaidan is almost 2^4 months old and weighs 2^4 kilos. WE like to walk but 5 kilometres carry 16 kilos in your arms or on your shoulders (preferred) makes me sweaty and tired at the end of the walk. C'est la vie!

I put Jaidan into the bath and then put him to sleep to the tunes of Meatloaf and he is sleeping soundly so I get to update my blog in peace. This a usual Saturday night for me. I almost always meet some new acquaintances from around the world and no doubt I will bump into them again sometime.

Thavorn's tattoo is healing well.  Stay tuned for some pics in a couple of days :-)

Life is good.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment