Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Jaidan Break

Today's song is: Heaven can Wait  .. another great Meatloaf song


Tavorn needed a break from Jaidan so I went for a walk with him and ended up at Rumours bar. While at Rumours I met an American, Jose from Miami who was on a vacation that included the Phillipines, Malaysia, and Thailand. He had 3 days in Thailand and had just arrives in Bangkok. We chatted on how to make the best of his 3 days and he immediately wanted to take notes and draw a map about the places I was recommending.

I suggested we finish our drinks and go for a walk and then that would orient him with regards to getting around downtown Bangkok. He was staying on Soi 22 so it made it easy.  We headed out and walked the 10 mins to Cowboy. Along the way I pointed out Crazy House, a must place to visit about 10 pm that night. We then headed down Cowboy and I recommended the Suzie Wong show at 10:30 and the Dollhouse immediately across from Suzies.  We then stopped in at Country Road for another drink and to discuss what he had learned so far.

I suggested he should also explore Nana which was a 20 minute walk form Cowboy, so off we went. It turns out he also believes walking around is the best way to get to know a place.  We ended up at Hillary 4 in Nana and I called Thavorn to meet us there. By this time, Jaidan and I had been gone for about 3 hours. She jumped in a taxi and came to meet us.

It turns out that Jose was a hit with the ladies, being a Puerto Rico native that although he was 50 looked to me to be about 35.  We chatted some more and had some more drinks and then Jose paid the tab and headed back to his hotel and shower before heading out for the night. I gave him directions on how to get back to Soi 22 and he decided to walk the 25 mins back.

I trust he had a good night. I have his eMail so I may check back with him in a day to see how he enjoyed the City of Angels.

I am including a pic of Thavorn and jaidan. Thavorn is 5' 7 so Jaidan is sprouting up. Unfortunately I do not have a tape measure. He is 16 kilos now as he approaches 16 months of age at the end of the month.


TTYL,

No comments:

Post a Comment