Sunday, November 1, 2015

Monday Blues

Today's song is: I have Never Been to Me  .. by Charlene  .. not sure why I like this song so much .. I would have called it .. A Beautiful Woman's Lament'  .. brings a certain Russian to mind.


Yippee Kai Yah ... Thavorn and Jaidan come home tomorrow!

Displaying P_20150918_192639.jpg

Last evening, Sunday, after programming all day, I went for a walk down to Nana to sit and watch the tourists and punters walk by. My usual perch at Hillary 4 was occupied so I crossed the street to Bar 4 and sat there for an hour. Different perspective, same experience. No one knows me at Bar 4 so it took about 5 minutes for the bar girls to size me up for an approach. Usually it is the 'hungriest' lady that will approach you if you decide not to make eye contact which I did not. The lady arrives with the usual one liners  ... You come here before, Where you from, What your name, etc. followed up after an appropriate time with, You buy me drink? If the answer is no, she departs and everyone leaves you alone. I play the game when I usually just want to get directly to the 'No'.

Nana is very close to the Arab quarter which is across the street so you see quite a few Arabs walking by with their ninja's in tow. I have not yet ascertained their fascination with Thailand. I think it is because it is inexpensive and they can get a visitor's visa easily.

I noticed that their were fewer blacks around this time which coincides with the police report I saw on television where they were rounding up tourists who had over stayed their visa's. When the cops do this they indulge in racial profiling big time. What is it with cops and their tight, brown uniforms? They must be made of spandex! Either that or they frequent the tailors often as they gain weight.

I noticed that there are more and more farang women visiting Thailand, usually in groups of 2 or 3. I think Thailand has universal appeal as it has an interesting culture. However, I seldom see them talking with Thais, and that is something you want to do to get to know Thailand. Street vendors, cops, bar girls .. all Thais are usually happy to try out their English.

It is funny to watch a good looking 20 year old farang man walk around Thailand. He has instant rock star status with the young girls who will often grab him and pull him into a group of 3 or 4 girls, where they will tease him and flirt with him. It is hilarious to watch this scene unfold. Thai ladies really do find farangs attractive. They even like big noses which is usually a turnoff for ladies in farangland. Even ugly, overweight, dirty farangs can be seen with beautiful girls but that will be at a price and for a short time.

I find the scene of classic Thai girls being shuttled to and fro on the back of motorcycle taxis to be the defining graphic of Bangkok life for me. Not sure what that says about me?

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment