Monday, March 18, 2019

Friends

Today's song is: I'm a Mess  .. Sheeran


So far I have met with 2 friends, Julian and Billy. Tomorrow I meet my good friend Larry Brown. My friends have been good enough to join me close to wear I live, typically at Timmy's. This weekend I plan to rent a car and get out and about and perhaps visit Big Rig for my favorite pizza, the Buffalo Chicken, which is spicy hot. I think Thavorn will love it and I am sure Jaidan will like their fries.

My initial impression of Canada after having been gone for years is that it has truly become multicultural. It also appears, the new comers to Canada have adopted Canadian attitudes for the most part.  A second impression is that Canada has aged as most of the folks I see are well into old age.  Perhaps, that is the Timmy's crowd and I can understand why the younger people are frequenting Starbucks or Starbuck clones such as Bridgehead.

The grocery stores are pushing 'organic' whatever that means. I don't think there is any standard for organic. Thai produce is full of chemicals and antibiotics and I trust that Canada does a better job on controlling additives, but I am not sure.

It is still colder than normal for this time of year despite the imminent arrival of the spring equinox.

This weekend I am renting a car for the weekend (Friday morning to Monday morning) for $100 which is pretty good. I have some business work to attend to on Friday but look forward to touring around with Thavorn and Jaidan on Saturday and Sunday.  Thavorn wants to visit TnT grocery store  and look for some fresh fish and Thai vegetables.

Thavorn likes Timmy's dark roast, double double.  :-) and their breakfast sausage sandwich on a biscuit.  Same as me.

Maybe time for a meatball sandwich at the Prescott.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment