Thursday, March 7, 2019

Amazon Prime

Today's song is: All of Me .. John Legend


I am using the Amazon Prime free 30 day trial and may continue it when done, for a number of reasons.

I used to subscribe to Google Play Music service at $13.95 a month which was a rip off. I prefer Amazon music offering through Prime which is include in the $7.95 Prime subscription cost per month.  Prime also gives me Prime video and 1 or 2 day free delivery.  All in all, becuase I do not have a car, Amazon and Prime will become a mainstay for me.

I order a mortar and pestle for Thavorn yesterday and it will arrive today, courtesy of Intelcom Courier, which seems to be the best Amazon delivery partner. I have also seen Amazon delivery and it seems 2nd best. Running a last choice is, you guessed it, Canada Post. They seem to be anal in delivering. I missed them yesterday and they did not leave the package, despite my building having large enough mail box containers.  Somehow, I am not surprised. Blame unions and monopolies.

My Instapot has arrived from Amazon and my first attempt was successful at cooking Basmati Rice. Easy peasy to use and the results are great. Next meal up is beef stew which should be more challenging.

It is a beautiful sunny day but a little chilly at -11 degrees so we will wait until the afternoon to go for a walk and get some cooking supplies.
A main stay in Thai cuisine.


I expect to use this Instapot a lot.

Thavorn is making great use of LINE video to talk and share experiences with her Mom, sister, children and friends in Thailand. The internet makes staying in contact so easy.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment