Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Packing ...

Today's song is: Leaving on a Jet Plane  .. Mam Cass and John


What Goes Around Come Around  .. 1972 vs Now  :-)

We got serious about our 6 month trip to Canada today and started packing to take the majority of our 'stuff'' to the village. Tomorrow night, Thavorn's sister and her husband arrive with their pickup truck to drive us and our belongings to the village where they will be stored until we arrive back on or about September 1st 2019.  Included in our packing is my 34 inch curved monitor, vacuum cleaner, surplus electronics, pots, pans, dishes, cooking plate, etc.

What we hope to be left with is one large suitcase for each of us, and a carry on.  I have mentioned before about how I feel about stuff and my lack of need for it. I can comfortably go through life with 2 pairs of quality (Oakley) shorts,  2 pairs of quality jeans (Guess), 3 t-shirts, 2 golf shirts, 1 quality pair of sneakers (Asics) one pair of real shoes, and one pair of quality sandals. Underwear is optional in a hot climate.  What else do you need.  Oh yes, hair drier, dental floss, and an electric tooth brush (Colgate).

Perhaps that is why I get such a kick out of backpackers with a huge backpack on their travels.

We will spend about 17 days in the village, but Thavorn and jaidan may stay longer as Thavorn will not see her other two children and Mother for the next 6 months. We leave for Canada on February 17th. I have to come back to Bangkok for basketball and a 90 day reporting on January 8th.

Tonight I hope to meet my English buddy Harvey for a few beers and a walk on the dark-side.  I have been spending a huge amount of time coding and need a break from the tedium. The big Mango beckons, calling my name  :-)


I miss my 34 inch curved monitor but my 30 inch LG monitor comes close.


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment