Monday, December 31, 2018

New Years in a Thai Village

Today's song is: Sympathy for the Devil  .. Stones


Well here I am in Thavorn's Thai village for the second time on a New Year's Eve.  I have never been a fan of New Years and the older I get the less I need to be reminded of the March of Time.  The road carnage continues during the end of year celebrations and last night a nine year old girl was run over by a car backing up during her school's end of year pageant.  Not a way to remember New Years for the school or her parents.

Most of the local Thai males get pissed on rot gut cheap Thai whisky and will end up sleeping tomorrow away after they pass out in a few hours.  I would rather spend my time in the Big Mango's many nightlife bars entertaining friends and the ever present ladies with lively discourse and reminiscing of the year past.

I understand that not everyone is as fond of working girls as I am but I find them way more interesting than regular women folk, especially of the western hemisphere type.  A smile goes a very long way  :-)

We treated the family to KFC for supper and bout a couple of jackets ($15 each) for Thavorn's older children and even bought 2 training bras for her 13 year old. In Thailand, that could be male or female.

I lost it last night and behaved like the crazy farang that appears to fascinate Thais.  Thais are allowed to be crazy and get angry and hit people for some slim reason, especially when being drunk gives them a ticket to ride.

Thavorn's brother is someone I do not like for a variety of reason. He is too stupid to know he is stupid. At 27 he has still to find meaningful work especially when his mouth gets him into trouble.  He has cost me about 60,000 baht over the years. First off I had to pay for the hospital bill when his gf's father shot him for knocking up his daughter. The family did not have 30,000 baht. Then in a weaker moment I bought him a smart phone for 8,000 baht so he could take pictures of his kid. Then he wanted to borrow 20,000 to buy a 12 year old Honda Accord in great condition. I told Thavorn that was not a good decision because it would die shortly after he bought it and in a Thai's mind, why would he pay for something he had no use of.  Needless to say he never paid back a baht.

Last night he left the house while I was putting Jaidan to sleep and stole about 15 of Jaidan's toys.  I decided to inform the mother how much a piece of shit her son was in English and she got the message despite not understanding any English. I told Thavorn to call the bastard and tell him to bring the toys back immediately or I was going to beat the crap out of her son. I punctuated that by putting my fist through the back door.  Sometimes you can lose it in Thailand as Thais do not think the way we do.

I received some sympathy form Thavorn's sisters bf because he also calls the sister asking for loans and starts swearing at her and calling her bad names and she starts to cry.  He does this to Thavorn about every two months.

The piece of shit just rode up on his motorbike and sat down to eat as if nothing happened last night. I can't understand everybody's acceptance of such a jerk.  But then again, he was drunk, which in Thailand is a great excuse for not being responsible for your actions.

As you can probably tell I am still upset  :-) nit noi.


The devil has arrived  .. opinionated as always


The New Years School Pageant where the girl died  .. sad

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment