Saturday, December 8, 2018

Coding, Coding, and Coding

Today's song is: Nickleback  .. If Everyone Cared  ..


Well, I have been coding 10 hours a day for about 2 weeks now and I am getting mentally fatigued, but I will be finished soon.  Google successfully killed off Flash and I have had to recode a major application in HTML5 and Javascript.  The upside of all this is when you recode, you get to do a better job especially when it comes to code maintenance. The program I am rewriting is 10 years old and needed a recode as it grew haphazardly through users' requests for additions and changes.

Unfortunately I don't think my partner realizes he will need about 50 hours of testing to completely make sure everything was ported over successfully  :-)  The look and feel has also changed due to the new coding paradigm.

Thavorn and Jaidan have been very understanding as I code away for hours.

February is rapidly approaching and the 3 of us are getting excited about going to Canada.

Basketball is going well as we won our last game against NIST, a much larger school, 42-32. We won have won bigger but we have trouble putting the ball in the hoop at times.

I have not been out at night downtown for about a month and it will soon be time for another walk on the wild side.  We are headed to the village about December 22 and will be there for about 10 days.

That's about it for now.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment