Friday, October 27, 2017

Not Working .. back to public

Today's song is: Walk On  .. Black Irish


Well so much for Google's Blogspot! It seems, like many of their applications it is buggy. I decided to send one of my other gmail accounts an invite to the blog and I never received it. So far, only my buddy Shaun has been able to get himself registered. So, I made the blog public again.

Another infuriating thing about Google applications is that they determine where in the world you are by your ipaddress and then present everything in that countries language. When I was testing my other Google login I received all instructions in Thai.  That sucks! I guess the Google programmers never venture from their own countries or are masters of polyglot. Some of their apps, such as gMail have a setting that overrides the ipaddress.

Google has a habit of abandoning apps or simply not spending programming resources that do not generate revenue of sufficient data that they monetize. At the same time they do not want to piss off users if a money losing application has many users. They simply let it flounder along.

For more info on this issue:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/05/language-problem-when-using-blogger.html

Enough Google bashing  .. for the most part BlogSpot meets my needs  .. so public it remains.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment