Monday, October 23, 2017

470 => 500

Today's song is: Workout 1 - 4  .. PussyCat Dolls











and the end result


This is my 470 post to Thai Tails. They follow 454 posts to my Malaysian House Blog that morphed into Thai Tails when my life morphed into what it is now. That is a lot of posts and although I sometimes struggle with content that I feel is worthwhile, I plan to continue posting as long as my readers are interested.  SO, if you are interested then please comment stating that I should continue  ..

I write this blog from an introspective viewpoint of an expat who wishes to share his observations of living in Thailand. I do so, many times, with tongue in cheek. I try to be impartial and state what I see. I also find that I have changed over my 5 years of living in Bangkok. The saying, 'You can't step into the same river twice.', is so true of the Thai experience.  Every day is a new experience as I watch the world descend upon Bangkok. I wonder what the local Thais on my Soi think? I should make a better effort to learn some more Thai.  Perhaps it is time to enroll in a course, other than BarGirl 101  :-)

Thavorn will head back to the village soon with her daughter Tai. Jaidan will stay with me for the week to give her a break. On November 1st Jaidan will start back in his nursery school (ages 2-6) as that will give him much needed socialization time with children his own age and also gives Thavorn and I time alone (6 hours a day). It will also separate Jaidan form my smartphone where he has learned to manipulate the user interface to download games, play games, select and watch YouTube videos and take photos. Better yet, he takes good care of it. Not bad for a 3 year old!

Winter is arriving this week in Bangkok. That means a high of 30 degrees during the day, dropping to a low of 25 at night with very little humidity. November through to February are the best months to be in Bangkok. It is also the start of high season for tourists which usually gives me more to write about. I expect many changes in the ebb and flow of tourists this year. The expect the trend of more farang women to continue. I just wish they would learn to smile. I also expect to see many more middle class Chinese arriving and playing in the bars. They smile, but communicating with them is an issue.

I suspect the bars will change. I am already starting to see Chines on the bar menus and signage outside. I have mentioned many times in this blog that economics drive the everyday life of Tai people. You do what you have to do to eat, work, and play, in that order.

I am also going to start to take more pics around Bangkok and perhaps a few videos.

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. You know that I am a regular reader. I would like to see more.

    ReplyDelete