Monday, September 4, 2017

Today's song is: 4 Strong Winds  .. Neil Young and Willie


There was an interesting reader submission to Stickman's website that I am linking to below. Stickman is now offline which is sad because he was an excellent resource on Farang/Thai relationships and the entertainment scene in Thailand.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2017/09/my-exploits-in-the-land-of-smiles/

My daughter Jaime and I went to the Carleton Raven's Football game last night and it was a trip down memory lane for me. This is the first Raven's game I have watched since I played in the mid 70's.  Hard to say if it is better ball, just different.



Carleton lost by about 23 - 14 but Carleton held McMaster scoreless in the second half but had trouble scoring themselves.

Today is a dreary cold and rainy day, very reminiscent to my 2 winters I spent in Vancouver. Not conducive to encouraging me to go for a run along the Ottawa River Bikeway. Not too worry, I will be back in Bangkok soon and will be back to my regular workout.

Jaidan and Thavorn rode the bus back overnight from Phang Nga to Bangkok and it was a good trip as Jaidan slept all the way.  Jaidan is maturing nicely and talking much more. I think I will notice a big change in him over the past month. He is just a month over his 3 year birthday.


On the overnight bus  ..

I am looking forward to getting back in Bangkok and seeing Jaida, Thavorn and my friends, but I have had a good time while working and visiting in Canada. Four more sleeps and I am back in the air.

TTYL




No comments:

Post a Comment