Thursday, September 21, 2017

Hump Day and TGIF

Today's song is: Hotel California  .. Eagles  .. Always a favorite with Bangkok live bands


and one great song deserves another  .. Highway to Heaven  .. Led Zeppelin


and yet another classic


Born to be Wild  .. Steppenwolf .. torn between it and Magic Carpet Ride  .. I bought my first motorcycle in 1969, a Triumph T100 Bonneville  .. Motorcycle nirvana in 69


While I am on a roll and after 3 large glasses of Pipers 100 whisky, a tribute to my basketball teams over the years  ..


and what we are looking for  ..


I headed out for a game of pool on Wednesday night at 5 pm and got home at 1:30 am. What went right?  Many things  ..

I decided to ask my friend Phai if she was avalable for pool as all my guy friends were busy or out of the country. Phai gets off work at 5 pm and was available after grabbing a bite to eat at 6 pm.  We played about 5 games of pool and she got lucky once  :-) She is getting better!

After we played pool we decided to go bar hopping. Phai loves to bar hop as she enjoys pretty ladies as do I. We visted Lighthouse, Shark Bar, and Bacara and decided Nana and some live music would be good for a change. We headed off to Hillary 2 and listened to one of my favorite bands for a couple of hours and then we headed over to Hillary 1 (newly refurbished and upscale) for another of my favoroite bands for an hour.

We then decided to visit Twisters, one of my favorite gogo bars in nana Plaza and spent an hour there. It was then time to jump on a motorcycle taxi and head back to Cowboy for a visit to long Gun and then Crazy House. We then decided to call it a night and I put Phai in a taxi and walked home to wear off some of the alcohol before hitting the sack.

All in all, a great night out with a good friend.


Hillary 1


 My friend Phai and me at Hillary 1


My favorite band at Hillary 2


ditto


My favorite waitress  .. always runs a tab for me ..

Today is Friday and we are packing for our week at the JW Marriott resort in Phuket where we will celebrate our birthdays on the 23 rd and 24th of September. Yesterday, on our walk to Big C to buy supplies for our trip we passed the surf place and Jaidan loves to go in and watch the wipe-outs.




I am sure, when he gets old enough he will want to give it a go  ...

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment