Monday, September 11, 2017

Home in Bangkok

Today's song is:  Heart of Gold .. Neil Young, a great Canadian


This song reminds me so much of Thavorn!

I am back in Bangkok after the long ass flight from Ottawa. Luckily I went to the airport 2 hours early for my flight to Toronto at 11 am because they cancelled it at the last moment. I was able to get on the 10 o'clock flight and it was half empty. I would hazard a guess that was why they had cancelled the 11 am flight. It was the first week of school and not not many parents were flying.

I lucked in on my flight from Toronto to Tokyo as the flight was about half full and I had my row to myself so I was able to stretch out and sleep. That was good, because the movies sucked, and I usually watch at least 3 of them to pass the time. This time, I only watched 1.  My flight was late taking off and 30 minutes late into Tokyo so I only had about 50 minutes to make my connection and I managed it okay,  but was not sure my luggage would make it, but it did.

I arrived in Kuala Lumpur and transferred terminals with 5 hours to pass until my 6:40 flight to Bangkok. A little sleep on the floor, some walking, and an early breakfast passed the time.At least a couple of hundred other people were doing the same thing. The flight to Bangkok was on time and I wimped out and took a taxi to my apartment.

It was good to be home and Thavorn greeted me at the door and we went to wake Jaidan up.  Despite being half asleep he seemed happy to see me. I hung into 10 pm and managed to sleep until 5:30 am the next day.

Today is Monday and Thavorn wants to play pool but I know I will be sleepy all day so we just went to Big C to pick up some groceries. I expect to be a little bit more energetic tomorrow, but past experience tells me it will be Wednesday until I feel back to normal.

It is great to be back.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment