Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Old Man

Today;s song is: Old Man  .. Neil Young


My business partner Brent and I are finishing up our work for the year and we seem to have everything under control which is a little scary. Time for a glass of red wine to celebrate.  Work always goes better with a little whine (sorry wine). Ooops, just switched to scotch on the rocks  :-)

Tonight, I take the bus across town (free because I am a senior citizen (yikes, how time flies) and switch to my sister Elaine's for my final two nights in Canada. Tomorrow afternoon after Jordan finishes teaching, I am meeting him at Big Rig for a final beer with Jordan and 2 former women basketball players (Julie and Pola) that I coached many, many moons ago. I have not seen them for quite some time and I suspect one is over 40, and the other in her mid thirties.

Yeppers, that scotch is going down well  .. here is a pic of my scotch and my new Logitech mouse (MX Master 25) which is highly recommended for programmers because it makes you more productive.


The other item that programmers should never be without is ne or two additional monitors. In this setup I am using a cheap $150 HD (1920 by 1080) external monitor that is about 24 inches whereas at home a have a Samsung 36 inch curved monitor and twice that resolution. Once you've gone wide, you can't go back.

Speaking of Samsung, it is time to unload that stock before the North decides to nuke Seoul. Whatever is decided, the outcome is lose/lose!

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment