Friday, September 15, 2017

First Night Out

Today's song is: Just Give me a Reason  .. Pink


They played our favorite song at Country Road last night

I arrived back in Bangkok on Sunday morning and last night, Thursday night was my first night out, mainly due to jet lag.  I headed out at 4 pm to meet a friend but decided to stop in at Country Road on Soi Cowboy and the #1 pool girl was available to play pool so, of course I did.  I had not played for 6 weeks and it showed in the 12 games we played. I did manage to win 4 of them. She is number 1 for a reason.

I texted Thavorn and suggested that she and Jaidan join me for a beer and some music. Poi, Thavorn's friend is now working at Country Road and I bought her some drinks as we awaited Thavorn and Jaidan's arrival. Arrive they did and as usual, Jaidan drew a crowd of ladies who all wanted to hug and kiss him, which he finds very annoying. He will learn to appreciate it some day  :-)

I hung in, enjoying the music and a few vodka and red bulls before deciding to walk home with Jaidan to get him to sleep before 9 pm. Thavorn is very surprised that I have Jaidan back on his schedule of 8 am to 9 pm because she has been letting him stay awake until 11 pm. I think I have finally convinced her that structure is good and he needs his sleep.

My night out, including drinks for my pool partner, Poi, and Thavorn, plus 12 games of pool cost me 1,200 baht or about $45 CDN. That is a lot of fun for the buck and is why I enjoy living in downtown Bangkok so much. That and the lovely ladies that give Bangkok its nickname  .. City of Angels.


Jaidan out at Country Road

TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment