Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday Night

Today's song is Waiting on a Friend  .. Stones


Saturday night is the best night to enjoy the vibe that is Bangkok, the Big Mango (yet another nickname). However, I passed on Saturday night as it is always busy and I wanted to play some pool. Instead, Thavorn, Jaidan, and I headed out about 2 pm to play some pool at Country Road on Soi Cowboy and for the most part we had the pool tables to ourselves during the afternoon. As we are wont to do, we ordered pitchers of Singha beer and played 4 games, which I won by a ball or two until Fon, arrived and I dropped one game to her, and then Thavorn beat her, and then I beat Thavorn again and then finished off Fon and retired as the champ of that afternoon.

Ploy, Thavorn's friend works the day shift at Country Road so we all headed outside to watch the girls arrive for their evening shifts. My buddy John joined us and we discussed my recent trip to Canada and our upcoming trip to Phuket's JW Mariott resort for our birthdays. I booked an extra unit for John's live in GF and John's daughter, who is visiting for a while. Ciara, John's daughter is an aspiring author and is looking forward to a new venue to write for the coming week. John works all week so it will be good for Fon (John's gf) and Ciara to experience a different part of Thailand.



Jaidan, Fon, and Ploy at Country Road



Jaidan and Fon (Ploy's Tom Boy) get along well

About 6 pm, John and I decided to head off to Nana as Thavorn and Jaidan headed home.  After a couple of Black Soda's John headed home and I walked down to Hillary 2 to listen to some music but then got the munchies and headed off to Hillary 1 for a pepperoni pizza. After the pizza I was too full to drink any more and walked home (3 kms) and called it a night.  I must be getting old  :-)


My favorite waitress at Hillary 2 - Ouan, always runs a tab for me


Yes, I ate the whole pizza  .. yummy


Hillary 1 venue  .. little bit more upscale than Hillary 2

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment