Saturday, October 15, 2016

What's Happening?

Today's song is: Already Gone  .. Eagles


Dedicated to all my friends sitting on the shelf  ..

The answer is, 'I am not sure.' Thavorn and I will go for a walk tonight to see how the passing of the King has affected the night life in the City of Angels. I had a txt from a bar girl at Crazy Girls last night and I was surprised to find out that they were open. I know some of the bars on Soi 22, commonly known as Queen's Park Plaza have closed for at least the weekend in respect for the King.

However, bar girls have rent to pay, children to support, and roofs to replace, so I really can't see the tourist business being shut down for long. Apparently it makes up 10-12% of Thailand's GDP.

I pity the poor punter who has saved up for the whole year to cut loose in Thailand for one week of self-gratification and hedonism (I suppose that is redundant).

In preparation for tonight's tour-on-the-town I am having a few vodka and red bulls, much to the consternation of Thavorn who worries about my self-indulgence from time to time. I however, ascribe to the motto that, "i am here for a good time  .. not a long time', and just like Madonna, I want to have fun!

Tomorrow I hope to have a full report on what's happening in Bangkok on Saturday night.


TTYL

2 comments:

  1. I chuckled at "roofs to replace" knowing you did just that a couple months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very common occurrence back in the village .. roofers make good money.

    ReplyDelete