Sunday, October 2, 2016

Middle Age Tourists

Today's song is: Take it Easy  .. Eagles


My friend Shaun from Malaysia is visiting for the weekend and of course that means we have been hitting the bars at night. Last night, Saturday was very interesting as Country Road on Soi Cowboy was full of middle age farang tourists that would be in their mid forties. Both men and women and were they ever having fun dancing to the music of their teens and twenties.

Ditto for Titanium on Soi 22 which is a little bit more up market with an all girl rock band that really pumps out the sounds. It too was full of middle age farangs. Titanium is also an ice bar and pushes vodka on the ice bar on the second floor. Lots of fun.

I think that is one of the huge draws of Thailand is that there are many, many venues for folks in their middle age and on up. Back in North America not so much where the bar scene caters to teenagers and 20 somethings with a few 30 somethings trying to hand on. I don't know why North America is like that. It seems as  soon as we hit our 30's we hunker down and raise a family and become house and kid poor and have no money or time to have fun.

I would guess that some of the folks I saw left their teenagers at home and escaped for a fun time.  I had fun just watching them cut loose and relive their youth.

This is the slow month in the Thailand tourist seasons but most of the venues I popped into were doing quite well. Shark bar was hopping and a man from Dubai bar fined 3 girls and left with a big smile on his face. I know one of the girls so I am looking forward to hearing how that one played out.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment