Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Bummer :-(

Today's song is: Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress  .. Hollies 1975


My alarm went off at 7 am and I had a quick coffee, shower, and placed a call to GrabTaxi and booked a taxi. I like GrabTaxi as I don't waste time flagging down taxis and trying first to communicate in English and then convince the driver to take me to where he is really not sure I want to go. Once my taxi is booked, they invariably call to ask for specific direction to pick me up. At that point, I pass my phone to Thavorn who explains everything in detail in Thai, so there are never any issues when the taxi arrives.

The traffic was bad this morning. The ride to the Government Complex which houses the immigration department can be as short as 25 mins or as long as 75 mins and today was a 75 minute ride. I amused myself by reading the news across many news outlets on my phone.

I arrived in due course and document in hand went to pick up my queue number, reaching into my pocket for my passport and had an 'Oh-Shit' moment as I realized it was back at home, safe and sound, in my new Oakley pouch that I carry it in, along with my glasses. WTF, I thought, got angry, and then decided being pissed off, would only prolong the anger and decided to chalk it up to being careless and promising myself to double check from here on in.

I got into another taxi and decided to go to the BTS station at Mo Chit because I was earlier, going home than usual, and would still hit the morning incoming traffic into Bangkok.  I was there in 25 mins, because the traffic was still bad, but once on the MRT (underground, same terminus as the BTS) I was at Asoke and Sukhumvit in 10 mins. Mass transit in Bangkok is great!

By now, I was hungry at had breakfast at McDonalds, just catching the breakfast menu at 10:55 am. I then walked home and Thavorn was glad that I was back , but even gladder that I was not grumpy!

Tomorrow morning I will repeat the whole trip again, but this time hopefully complete my goal of registering my 90 day stay in Thailand. I will have to adjust my gym schedule as well as I was planning to go tomorrow morning but will now go this afternoon. Thavorn and I will probably head out for some fun on Friday night and then my friend Arthur and I will head out for a beer and some conversation on Saturday night.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment