Wednesday, October 19, 2016

I Finally Caved .. gym

Today's song is: Grand Illusion  .. Styx


I have been without a gym for 3 years now, since we moved from CG casa, which had a gym, to Charming Resident which does not. I was going to use the money we saved on the rent to pay for a gym membership but I have resisted because gym memberships are quite expensive (meaning more expensive than Canada), but then again the last time I paid gym fees, they were $550 a year at Steve Nash in Canada and no doubt those prices have gone up.

I sat down to negotiate and the membership for a year started out at 26,000 baht or $975 CDN. I eventually got him down to 19,000 Baht or 712 CDN and that was for 12 months plus 2 months free at the end of the year. However, I had a bad experience when I paid for Holiday Fitness for a year and they went belly up after 6 months so I did not want to pay for a year up front but wanted a monthly payment.

I eventually settled for 1,900 Baht a month with the remainder of October free for a yearly total of 22,800 Baht or $855 CDN. The other benefit of paying month is the Canadian dollar is quite low no and if it goes up over the year, my actual costs decrease.

The gym itself is quite good.  http://www.truefitness.co.th/en/facilities/exchange-tower and it is not very busy during the mornings and afternoons which is when I will use it. The benefit to the afternoon is there is quite a bit of eye candy working out as the bar girls are awake and the fit ones stay fit in the gym, before showering and heading off to work.  I will let you know if my initial observations are correct.

I plan to workout the 5 workdays and take the weekend off, but that could change. :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment