Sunday, October 30, 2016

Saturday Night

Today's song is: Wonderful Tonight  .. Eric Clapton  .. One of my favorite songs  ..


I try to make Saturday night night my preferred night out, whether with Thavorn, or one of my buddies. I headed out at 4 pm for Country Road to play some pool and wait for my buddy Arthur to meet up with me at Country Road about 7 pm. I walked up Soi 22 and stopped by to say hello to Phai, a new friend, and see how she is doing in 'Crazy Girls'. She seems to be doing very well and her English is better every time I talk to her. Thai women seem to have a knack for languages.

I arrived at Country Road to find it quite busy for 5 pm. All the pool tables were in play so I had to wait. I ordered a pitcher of Singha, my preferred beer in Thailand, and sat outside to watch the lovely ladies arriving for their evening shift at the various bars. As the sun dropped, the neon lights remained off and you could not hear any music, but the tourists were alive and well.

Eventually a pool table opened up and I played with my usual partner Dum, who is a 55 year old Thai woman, who used to have a Farang BF, but he passed away some time ago at 63 years of age.  Being 66, that makes you start to wonder  ...  I played my worst possible game ever and lost it, but won the next 2 and then got bumped because a couple of tourists wanted to play, and they're being male, I opted out of the winner staying and the new person challenging and let them play with themselves (sounds kind of rude) which is what most duos want to do anyways.

Back outside, with the remainder of my pitcher in tow, I resumed watching the pretty ladies arriving for work.  I texted a few friends and in due course Arthur arrived and after a round of 'Up to you' we decided to visit bars in Soi Cowboy that one of us had never been to. I suggested Shark bar and off we went.

Shark bar was booming inside and they play great dance music and the ladies actually seem to enjoy themselves which gives it a very fun atmosphere.Around about 8 pm, Tacky, Thavorn's best friend arrived and joined us for a beer in between dancing sets. She found Arthur quite handsome for an older gentleman. Tacky prefers them really young!

We got locked into Shark bar when the skies let loose with a deluge of rain that lasted 90 minutes and we were left to entertaining 3 dancers and Tacky which proved to be quite a bit of fun. When the rain let up a bit, Bacarra was our next stop and after a walk through I said to Arthur that I really did not want to pay for the over priced beer (no happy hour) and the dancers with no smiles and little personality which the predominantly Japanese clientele sees to like.

We crossed Soi Cowboy and headed into Suzie Wongs and sat down and ordered 2, 180 baht beer and and I reflected on Suzie Wong being a poor showing to what it formerly was. Two mama-sans that I know dropped by and I commented on how chubby the ladies were and they stated that they can't run their popular girl on girl shows or body painting and therefore there was little traffic and most of their girls moved onto other bars where they can do better. Needless to say, we left quickly.

Next stop on our tour was Toy bar which used to be very hands on but seems to not be any longer. Instead, they have some Coyote dancers which were fun and entertaining but needed to be bar fined for 3,000 baht before other negotiations were underway. Needless to say, they do not get bar fined often, and the girl I was having fun with offered to go for free just to get out and party for a night. I don't understand how bars can get away with pimping the girls out at 3,000 a bar fine. Just not fair to the girl, as she does all the work. I neglected to ask if the Coyote dancers were agency girls on loan or were in the employ of Toy Bar.

Arthur and I agreed he was not missing out on any bars, other than Shark bar so we decided to go to the tried and true 'Crazy House' which is at the end of Soi Cowoy at Soi 23 and there was a mini lake there (because of the deluge) that I splashed through in my sandals whereas Arthur, for some reason, had decided to wear his new sneakers which squished for the remainder of the evening. Unfortunately, Crazy House has not been permitted to reopen yet, so we headed off on the BTS to the Magic Table and later on, the Beer Garden.

By this time, we were well into the suds and vodka Red Bulls, and don't recall much about transpired next (or perhaps sworn to secrecy).

However, being the good boy that I am, I was home by 11:30 pm with 2 bbq'ed quarter chicken legs and some sticky rice, which I devoured before nodding off to sleep by about 12:30 am. All in all, a quiet Saturday night in the City of Angeles.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment