Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Kids in Tow

Today's song is: Piece of my Heart  .. Janis


October is school holidays for many Thai children and a time when many bar girls head back to the village to visit their children and more often than naught, bring them back for a week in Bangkok. The grandmother often comes for the week as well.

Soi 22, has a more family atmosphere than the other red light districts in Bangkok which really have none,except for afternoons in Hillary 4 on Nana and Country Road in Soi Cowboy where you can sit and have a beer with your kid on your lap or if older, perched on a stool. On Soi 22, our son Jaidan is known my name to most street vendors, motorcycle taxi boys, massage girls and bar staff. Whenever I head out alone I always get, 'Where Jaidan?' or if both Thavorn and I are out together, 'Who look after Jaidan, where you go?'. Thais always want to know where you are going!

Thavorn's two kids have been with us for a couple of weeks now, and the urchins are getting better and better at acting in a civilized manner, eating at a table, sitting on a chair properly, please and thank you, and cleaning up after themselves. At times it has been a struggle, but progress is being made. The staff in our apartment building all seem to quite enjoy the 3 kids, Tai, Dun, and Jaidan.

This afternoon, Tacky's 2 children and a cousin are visiting us at the moment. I put Mr. Bean on YouTube and they are all flaked out on the bed, after an hour splashing and swimming in the pool. For some reason Mr. Bean is extremely popular with Thai children, even in English, but then again, all Thais seem to love slap stick. I should put the stooges on for them :-)

Tomorrow I have to head over to the Government Complex near Don Muang airport to complete my 90 day reporting period. Despite having a one year retirement visa, I still have to report where I am living and the fact that I am still in the country. This eats up the whole day and I could pay some firm to do it for me, but I enjoy watching people from all over world congregating at the complex which is huge.

Some pool pics:


Jaidan and I


Tacky's Girl


Tai, Thavorn's oldest


Tacky's boy

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment